A new oral spray for throat & voice symptoms of silent reflux!
To help understand more about the condition, it is worth noting that there are two types of reflux:
1. LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux, commonly known as silent reflux). This mostly presents as a gaseous refluxate.
2. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux). This presents as a mixed gaseous / liquid refluxate.
Symptoms of LPR (silent reflux) differ to symptoms of GERD.
Symptoms of LPR (silent reflux) include:
- Sensation of a lump in throat
- Constant throat clearing
- Thick mucus at back of throat
- Voice changes/hoarseness
Symptoms of GERD include:
What is laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (silent reflux)?
This condition occurs when stomach contents are refluxed up the esophagus (food tube) and into the back of the throat (pharynx) and also onto the tissues around the voice box (larynx). Approximately 50% of GERD patients with heartburn and indigestion symptoms also suffer throat and voice symptoms from LPR (silent reflux).
What options are available for relieving symptoms?
- To relieve throat and voice symptoms of LPR, try a protective throat spray e.g. Larri Oral Spray.
- If mixed LPR/GERD symptoms are present, your Health Professional may also recommend:
- Proton pump inhibitor tablets to reduce acid production in the stomach
- Alginate lozenges or liquids to protect the lining of the esophagus from refluxed acid.
How can Larri Oral Spray help?
Larri Oral Spray contains 3 main ingredients that work in 3 ways.
- Magnesium Alginate
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Camellia Sinensis (Green tea extract)
These ingredients help PROTECT, LUBRICATE and SOOTHE symptoms of silent reflux. Refer to the How it works tab for more information.
Larri – your new best friend for reflux
Current products like alginates, antacids and acid reducers can be helpful for addressing heartburn and indigestion, however patients with co-existing LPR (silent reflux) may need some extra relief.
Ask for Larri Oral Spray, available in Australian Pharmacies as a 30ml pleasant tasting minty spray.
Where is Larri available?
If Larri Oral Spray is not yet available from your local pharmacy, please provide the following product codes so it can be ordered in:
LARRI PDE CODES: API: 68054 SIGMA: 10028542 SYMBION: 939315 CH2: 2549021
Always read the label. Follow directions for use. If symptoms persist, change unexpectedly or worsen, consult your health professional.