Identifying what kind of reflux
In order to relieve reflux, it’s helpful to identify what kind of reflux it is.
There are two types of reflux:
1. LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux, commonly known as silent reflux).This mostly presents as a gaseous refluxate.
2. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux). This presents as a mixed gaseous / liquid refluxate.
Both types present with differing symptoms so the lists below may help you identify which reflux it is. However, about 50% of GERD patients also present with LPR (silent reflux) symptoms, so if you appear to have symptoms in both of the lists below, it is possible you may have both types of reflux.
Symptoms of LPR (silent reflux) include:
- Sensation of a lump in throat
- Constant throat clearing
- Thick mucus at back of throat
- Voice changes/hoarseness
Symptoms of GERD include:
If you’re experiencing mixed symptoms of both GERD and LPR (silent reflux) there are a few options for relief:
- Proton pump inhibitor tablets to reduce the acid production in the stomach
- Alginate lozenges or liquids to protect the lining of the esophagus from refluxed acid
- A soothing throat spray that protects the upper airway tissues from gaseous reflux
Current products like alginates, antacids and acid reducers can be helpful for relieving heartburn and indigestion symptoms, however using a throat spray like Larri Oral Spray can provide extra relief particularly for voice and throat symptoms.
Ask for Larri!
Ask your Pharmacist for Larri Oral Spray or you can request they order it. Simply provide your Pharmacist with any of these product codes. Delivery should only take 1-2 days.
LARRI PDE CODES:
API: 68054 SIGMA: 10028542 SYMBION: 939315 CH2: 2549021
Always read the label. Follow directions for use. If symptoms persist, change unexpectedly or worsen, consult your health professional.