Back to work soon?
Are you about to embark on a return to work again for the first time in awhile? It can be a little daunting if you’ve been working from home or out of a job for long periods but it’s important to make your health a key priority as you transition back into the workforce.
This handy little checklist aims to do just that – to help you return to work healthier and happier!
What should I consider taking to work?
- Hand wipes and / or hand sanitiser (alcohol-based) – use after using handsets and toilets. Also before and after meals.
- Face mask (if recommended by your State’s Government)
- Moisturising nasal spray e.g. Flo Travel – with Iota Carrageenan (red seaweed extract) to keep nose moist and optimise nasal immunity especially in air-conditioned environments.
- Moisturising eye drops e.g. Hylo-Forte – relieves dry eye and eye irritation from viewing screens for prolonged periods and air conditioning.
- In event of headache or other muscular pain, pain relief tablets e.g. Panadol or Ibuprofen.
- In the event you have asthma or hayfever, don’t forget your asthma and/or allergy medication.
What should I do if I’m feeling unwell?
If you have any of the following symptoms DO NOT GO TO WORK:
- fever, chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell /taste.
If you have any of the above symptoms, get tested at nearby testing location, return home immediately and and remain there until you receive your results.
Don’t forget that your local GP or Pharmacist can also be a valuable resource and can provide useful guidance regarding your physical and/or mental well-being as you adapt to significant personal life changes.